How can I stimulate the appetite of my dog?
When your dog is suffering from lessened appetite is it possible to support your pet in different ways. Some tips that can help stimulate the appetite of your pet are:
• Mix feed (dry as well as wet) with warm water, so the scent spreads better
• Do not offer cold food, but always at least at room temperature
• Mix wet food of the same kind with dry food
• Pour home made bouillon (without added salt and seasoning) over the food
• Heat the food
• Mix the food with meat (TROVET Unique protein)
When your dog has always been a decent eater and only recently has developed a bad appetite, is it always wise to consult a veterinarian to exclude possible illnesses.